Purchased by Blue Sky Bloodstock at the 2010 New Zealand Premier Yearling Sale from the draft of Esker Lodge for $140,000, Darci Brahma entire Super Easy was recently awarded the Singapore Horse Of The Year title for the second consecutive year.
"Michael Freedman and I selected the colt from Esker Lodge's Karaka draft and he showed his class as an early juvenile, breaking a long held track record at Trentham on debut as a 2yo. His Singapore record speaks for itself and I've no doubt he would have proved a Group One horse in Australia if he'd had the opportunity to race here in his career,” stated Blue Sky Bloodstock’s Managing Director Julian Blaxland.
Super Easy's quality can be summed up in a few noteworthy points:
- Singapore Horse of the Year - twice
- Champion 3YO 2013
- Multiple G1 winner of over $NZ2.1m
- Won 15 races - 12 in succession
- Broke Trentham, NZ 1000m track record (which still stands) in his first start in 56.20 beating Filly of the Year Planet Rock
- Super Easy was rated as the Third highest southern hemisphere bred 3yo sprinter behind Sepoy & Foxwedge
Having recently completed his first season at Hallmark Stud in New Zealand, Super Easy is another prime example of the quality colts secure by Julian Blaxland at yearling sales in Australasia. If you are keen to be involved in any future purchases, please click here to head over to the Contact page
Check out an article from Saturday’s ANZ Bloodstock News by clicking here.